Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10.03.09 Officially Official

So even though this is 10 days late (ahhh how have I neglected thee blog in such ways? my sincerest apologies!) I am happy to announce that AJR and I are officially ENGAGED! I think it took me this long to write it because I have had to use my hands to help mold my face back to a normal expression due to the excessive smiling.

 
This past week and a half has been crazy with all the phone calls, Facebook messages, texts, etc. I have felt so popular lately! I am still trying to get back to people who have been trying to get in touch with me (one person at a time! or else I shall explode) but it has been overwhelmingly amazing to have so many people be happy for us. If you are one of them reading this, thank you! <3

 
You’re probably thinking “okay okay, enough jibber jabber… where’s the picture of the ring?!?!”. Unfortunately I have misplaced my camera battery charger (eek) but as SOON as I uncover it (most likely in one of my travel bags from driving all over the state of Virginia every weekend) you will get to feast your eyes on my beautiful engagement ring. I can tell you this… he done good.

 
As for the proposal… it couldn’t have been more us. Awkward, funny, and adorable are my choices of words to describe the event. No airplanes flew above with banners proclaiming AJR’s love for me, there weren’t fireworks, people risking their lives, or even flowers. Whew. I am not exactly the typical romantic, so I am pretty thankful that it was simple and (semi) private.

 
AJR actually only had the ring maybe all of 20 minutes before he couldn’t stand it anymore (he tells people “It was burning a hole in my pocket!”) and while waiting outside in a random neighborhood in Arlington (killing time before picking up a friend to go to a party) he suddenly started speaking in a language I couldn’t understand (the nervousness prevented him from forming a complete sentence ;) and dropped to one knee on the sidewalk. I must admit, at first I wasn’t sure what he was doing. In fact, I worried that something was wrong. Then it hit me and I was so overjoyed that I may have said yes before he even popped the official question. This part of the story will remain a mystery as our excitement prohibited our memory and normal functioning cognitive skills from working… but the important thing is that he was on one knee, he asked, I said yes, and I can’t WAIT to marry him!!! (no matter what order it all occurred) That night was a lot of fun… we arrived at the party and were able to share our news immediately with all of our closest friends. Couldn’t have been more perfect. (siigghhh)

 
Since then AJR and I have begun some actual wedding plans… and are vigorously trying to nail down a date (crossing my fingers for May 15th 2010). We visited a reception site and have almost finished our guest list. My aunt is planning an engagement party for November and I am even looking at dresses tonight! I have to admit I am a little nervous to try on a real life wedding dress for the first time. It’s a bit emotional… but I am so thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment