Monday, February 15, 2010

Can we add this to the menu?

I don't know if I've talked about our wedding day menu, but we are having a BBQ. Yep yep, going down home country on you all and having some pulled pork with my Grandad's famous sauce! I don't know why, but I have been totally obsessed with having BBQ. Maybe it's because it's awesome. Maybe it's because WHO COULD TURN DOWN BBQ?!?!? Name one person who doesn't like it. (vegetarians don't count)

Along with BBQ, we will have grilled chicken. But I need to think of a few other items to add to the menu. Besides the cake. ;)

We will have several drink options at the bar, but fresh lemonade and sweet tea will be our featured non-alchy drinks. For appetizers we will serve bacon wrapped scallops and fresh fruit trays.

I want just a few more items to spice up the menu. The caterer will also provide apple sauce, cole slaw, baked beans, and dinner rolls.

I was thinking of a fresh salad. I ran across this picture on Lucky Me! and I thought it was such a cute idea! I like that each little salad is in a berry container, so cute! A nice salad would be a good compliment to the meal.

I also need to be thinking of an alternate dessert. AJR's mom makes KILLER lemon bars. I wonder if she would be up for making oh say, 150 lemon bars for the wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment